April 12, 2013

... and the Unicorns

At that time, our eyes were full of hope, and we clutched our hands eager to face our bright future. Now, we lay with blank expressions sitting side to side, longing for those emotions, now washed up and withered. It's not that we're growing old, I know old age is not a main factor for this total loss of hope. I know, not for other reason, except that when we're apart, I start feeling lively again.

I look at you and I know it's just a matter of time before we find someone who'll sweep us off our feet. But the inevitable question lingers; who will go first?

Do you find it mean? It's not said with that raging fire of madness, it's not even dyed in enough sadness to shed a tear. I get it, I feel it too, and if you were to gather the courage before me, it would be fine... It would be better that you left, than letting it linger way more than it should.

If you wonder did I ever love you, yes, I did. But I guess we're both a little tired of waiting for that person we know by now we're not going to be to each other.

Perhaps it's sad and most likely I'll keep with me a ton of your ways, since I've never been good with tangible souvenirs. And as I have so far, I'll remember you dearly when someone notices and praises them without knowing. That's how things go, and it's worse if you fight it... It hurts more than it already does.

No comments: