April 20, 2012

Fade to Nothing

Explosions often start with a bang and consume themselves so fast, at the end there is nothing but silence and dark, where there once was chaos and light. So given our torrid and confusing affair it only felt right to end it in complete silence. No more tears or useless words by which instead of finding solace, we could dig up more excuses to procrastinate our imminent end.

I could blame you, and you could too, and perhaps we do it in secret seconds before our heads fall heavily into the pillow. The truth is there is no truth to be told, at least not one me or you would like to hear. We're better off this way; strangers. It might not be too painful, but even if it's a mere scratch, it needs to heal on its own. Am I sorry I left? Not this time, this time I had lingered way more than my feelings gave me fuel to.

So she was right, that's my way to leave too: "I don't love you anymore, goodbye."

No comments: